Register below for:
Real-World Results: Employer Tactics to Enrich Your Mental Health in the Workplace Strategy
Kent State University Director of Employee Wellness Kim Hauge will discuss how Kent State University capitalized on their Employee Assistance Program (EAP) relationship to build an award-winning, workplace-wellness strategy. She will also discuss her ‘head-on approach’ to reduce stigma around mental health, how to engage employees to improve self-help and self-care behaviors and how to adopt a well-being mantra of, “make yourself and your health a priority.”
Attendees will view key results from a multi-year case study and come away with newly acquired knowledge and tools to enrich their mental health/workplace wellness strategies to include:
· Why focus on mental health in the workplace, from the employer’s perspective.
· Identify turnkey and free mental health campaign tools for employers.
· Learn how to tap into existing vendors to build a sustainable and holistic program.
· Understand how sustained communication drives engagement.
· Learn how your EAP can be key to your strategy.
· Understand how building a culture of care can create an employee value proposition and improve employee perceptions and retention.
Kim received her M.Ed from Kent State University and is currently working on her PhD in Public Health. She has worked at Kent State for the nearly 20 years in benefits administration, communication and project management, talent acquisition, and employee wellness. She is certified by the Society for Human Resource Management as a Professional in Human Resources and by the National Wellness Institute as a Certified Wellness Practitioner and was recently named one of the Top 10 Health Promotion Professionals in the nation by WELCOA. Her current responsibilities include the strategic planning and management of a holistic employee wellness program as well as lead the design and administration of the university’s benefits programs for faculty and staff.